Esben Klint

The LE KLINT story began in the early 20th century, when the first pleated lampshade was folded to fit a paraffin lamp – both designed by architect and engineer P.V. Jensen-Klint.

A team of friends and family members, including sons Tage and Kaare Klint, then worked hard to refine the pleated shade, and in 1943 entrepreneur Tage Klint turned the family’s craft into an actual business. Esben Klint (1915–1969) was the son of Kaare Klint. He trained as an architect, but was in many ways also trained by his father. A particular source of inspiration can be seen in his church furniture and other furniture he designed together with architect Børge Mogensen. Esben Klint designed a number of lampshades for LE KLINT – many of which are still in production today.

> Read more about the Esben Klint range here

ESBEN KLINT lamp

Lyngby porcelæn

Generations of perseverance, classic elegance & respect.

Retailers

Find retailer

Our products are sold world wide. Find your nearest retailer.

Cookies X